We are recruiting Students for the 2021-2022 School Year! Learn more in the sections below about youth mentorship and contact Tally at email@example.com with any questions!
Become a CfY Student
Community for Youth (CfY) guides youth through powerful transformation by leveraging strong and enduring one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever! Through powerful community and critical mentoring, CfY will support the success of our students in High School and Beyond. Our program is an academic year (October – June) and requires commitment from the student for the duration of the program.
What to Expect as a CfY Student
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Community – A Family Group and the Larger Community of Learners
- A Safe and Supported Environment
- Relevant Program Activities and Services
- Individualized Student Support
- Opportunities to Develop Skills
- Community Involvement and Service Hours
- Support in Graduating High School with a Post-High School Plan
- Connections to resources and powerful experiences
- We will be meeting inperson for most of our activities while following all safety protocols
- We encourage all students to be vaccinated and are requiring all staff and mentors to be vaccinated
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Be an incoming or current High School student.
- Reside in the state of Washington.
- Demonstrate a desire to participate in the program and be willing to abide by all Community for Youth Mentoring Program policies and procedures.
- Be able to obtain parental/guardian permission and ongoing support for participation in the program.
- Agree to a one-year commitment to the program.
- Commit to weekly meetups! Schedules will be provided. (Some weeks it’s a one on one, some weeks a meeting in small groups, and some weeks it’s the full cohort!)
- Be willing to communicate with the mentor weekly.
- Complete screening procedure.
- Agree to attend mentee trainings as required.
- Be willing to communicate regularly with CfY Staff and discuss monthly meeting and activity information.
How to Get Involved:
- Fill out the student application here: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6708232/CfY-Student-Application
- Follow us on Instragram to stay up to date on events, pop-ups, and more! @cfyteam
- If you’d like to turn in a paper application, please submit it at school:
- Chief Sealth High School: Counseling Office
- Cleveland High School: Teen Health Center or Attendance Office
- Franklin High School: Main Office or Counseling Office
- Rainier Beach High School: Success City, Rm. 265
- Expect a call from a member of our Program Team to talk about your application and all of the exciting things ahead at CfY!