What We Do
Community for Youth (CfY) inspires and supports students to be their best selves through mentoring, learning experiences, and a powerful community. Through activities and conversations that are youth-centric and youth-led, students explore issues that impact them. Caring adults act as trusted advocates and opportunity brokers so youth can set and achieve their goals, explore career options and improve their community through service learning.
How We Work
In addition to one-on-one sessions, our students and mentors meet monthly in small Family Groups of seven to eight pairs, as well as in Learning Communities of 40 pairs, for directed workshops that help our students build confidence, determination, and self-awareness.
We provide mentors with a support system, too, with monthly mentor-only meetings and workshops that give them the tools to succeed as mentors.
Benefits of CfY
- 55% of students with a mentor are more likely to enroll in college
- Students with a mentor are 130% more likely to hold leadership positions
- 90% of students with a mentor want to become mentors themselves
- Students with a mentor are 78% more likely to volunteer regularly
- 52% of youth with mentors are less likely to skip school
- 59% of mentored teenagers earn better grades
- Mentored youth are 81% more likely to engage in extracurricular activities
Become a Mentor
“I got into this to try to help a young person along. Somehow, he ended up helping me along just as much.” – Richard, CfY Mentor
Become a Student
“Before CfY, I would have never interacted with a majority of the people from my school. Now I have friendships that will last a lifetime.” – Alexus, CfY Student
Donate to CfY
Your donation is greatly appreciated.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Stay up to date on the CfY Community! Subscribe to our Newsletter.